For over 35 years Olon has partnered with our customers to develop a diversified range of NEXGENTM edge treatments to complement all leading laminates and manufacturing processes.
NEXGENTM edgebanding consists of two or more layers resin saturated face papers, backers and release papers which have been fused in a lamination process to produce a finished product.
OLON Industries stocks over 220 different colours / patterns to match many TFL & HPL manufacturers as detailed on the CPD1/UPD1 colour cross reference chart. We also have the ability to produce an exact match for a specific custom laminate. Minimum runs may be required.
NEXGENTM edgebanding can be produced in a wide range of thicknesses. Various thickness may be required for various applications. However, the following thickness is considered standard.
- Thickness .014" (0.36mm)
- A decorative face paper laminated to a kraft paper backer. The backer itself is commonly 0.008" to 0.010" (0.2mm to 0.25mm) in thickness and the end product is known under the moniker – 2 Ply Polyester.
- Exact match to many popular high and low pressure laminates.
- Available in a number of finishes: Satin, Textured, Gloss, Woodgrain Emboss, Crystal and Leather.
- Available in widths from 3/8" to 24".
- Available in single roll quantities, 250ft pre-glued or 500ft unglued.
- NEXGEN™ edgebanding offers such features as high heat resistance, pliability, formability and good internal bond strength for machineability.
- May be pre-glued for heat bar or hot air application as polyester is not sensitive to heat.
- Excellent for straight line, contour and soft form applications.
- All colours listed on the following cross reference charts are considered part of our stock program.